Worship is central to who we are as a church and music is central to worship. Music and choirs are tools of evangelism. Our music enhances worship, offers an opportunity for people to share their musical gifts, and provides for personal spiritual enrichment.
Mount Calvary's music ministry offers opportunities for those as young as 18 months. Choirs become an area for social interaction. The community of singers or ringers becomes another area in the community of believers where people can find support for one another. There are choirs for all ages from preschool to adults.
There are many musical opportunities at Mount Calvary for people of all ages. Vocal choirs are open to participation from all ages and bell choirs are open to everyone in 4th grade or older.
The general choir rehearsal schedule during the program year is as follows:
- God’s children Sing (18 months-3 year olds): 10:00 am
- Calvary Carillons (adults bells): 7:15pm
- Youth Choir (grades 7-12 voice): 5pm
- ROTL (grades 4-6 bells): 5pm
- Alleluia Choir (grades 4-6 voice): 6pm
- Joy Choir (grades 1-3 voice): 6pm
- Praise Choir (3 years - Kindergarten voice): 6pm
- ReBELLious (grades 7-12 bells): 6pm
- Sanctuary Choir (adults voice): 7pm (7:15pm during Lent)
If you have questions or are interested in joining the adult choirs, contact Pam Carlson at email@example.com or 651-454-2344.